In Nature there is no concept of waste.
- Popular and proven in earthquake damaged Christchurch due to damage to centralised city sewer system. Used also in Haiti after earthquake there.
- Substantially more environmentally friendly, easier to use and cheaper alternative to flushing toilet versions such as mobile portaloos, chemical toilets.
- Join the growing awareness in New Zealand of the benefits of Composting Toilets.
Make Your Own – The Two Bucket, Wheelie Bin Composting Toilet System
YOU WILL NEED:
1 Container made from recycled wood
Urine Bucket Only: Fill and maintain bucket to 5 parts water/1 part urine, empty daily over garden to benefit plants. No container required.
- Clean buckets, wheeliebin with vinegar avoiding bleach.
- Always seal faeces bucket to prevent fly intrusions.
- Try to balance the moisture and air in faeces bucket and wheeliebin.