The Board meets once a month to review and make decisions on the strategic direction and governance.
It’s responsibility includes:
- The operational and financial performance, and communicating that performance to its members
- The health and safety of our employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors at both sites – the Nelson Environment Centre’s Ecoland at 31 Vanguard Street and the Nelson Reuse & Recycle Centre at Pascoe Street
- Reviewing the eligibility criteria and fees for Society membership and ensuring all members follow the Rules of the Society
- Employing staff.
If you are interested in becoming a Board Member of the Nelson Environment Centre, you can find more information here.
The current Board members are:
- Richard Frizzell (Secretary) (since 2007)
- Derek Shaw (since 2007)
- Pam Williams (Chair) (since 2014)
- Carlo Wiegand (since 2015)
- Elton Merrin (since 2018)